Friday, January 16, 2015

Why Not Pray in Joshua's name then?

I know that I may be getting technical here but humor me if you are one of the slim few that happen to visit this blog. I have a question.   Why is that English speaking people do not use the name, Joshua, when praying to Jesus?  Just follow me on this,  the typical argument in this is that perhaps I am being too technical in this endeavor and request but if this is the case then I would have asked why we don't pray in the Hebrew name of Christ, Yeshua, that is. To go on a bit further, you don't hear Spanish speaking people saying Jesus but rather the name that is closer to the Latin form for Jesus.  So again,  why do English speaking people don't use the English form of Jesus, Joshua, and instead use the Greek form.  I will close this post on a final note on this and I think that this may please those who read this post.  The meaning of His name means, "salvation" and that although I do pray to Him addressed in Greek at times, I do use at times use the Hebrew form. Above all, Jesus saves.

No comments:

Post a Comment